Technical Product Lead – Power Electronics
Turntide Technologies is helping turn the tide on climate change with a revolutionary Platform for Sustainable Operations that drives down energy consumption and operating costs in buildings, agriculture, and electric transport. Our patented hardware and intelligent software are revolutionizing the $100 billion electric motor industry with a new platform so efficient, reliable, and adaptable that it reduces energy use by more than half. Our larger mission is to replace all the world’s motors with intelligent, optimal-efficiency systems so every watt is worthwhile for humanity. We’re looking for curious, intelligent, collaborative people from diverse backgrounds who want to make a real impact on the sustainability of our planet.
As the Technical Product Lead for Power Electronics, you will define product requirements in coordination with the Electric Machines and Drives Product Group for the design and development of industry-leading motor controllers and inverters. This person will be the technical subject matter expert for power electronics and primary interface between the Engineering organization and the Product group. As a member of the Product Management organization, you will be responsible for ensuring that the products that we develop are aligned with our long-term strategic vision. You are someone who thrives in fast paced environments and are constantly looking for innovative approaches to Engineering challenges.
At this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job description you’re reading. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Turntide’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes. We want people to feel comfortable expressing their true selves and to come, stay, and do their best work here.
- Technical expertise in power electronics such as diodes, SCRs, IGBTs, and SiC MOSFETs.
- Familiarity with vector-based motor control strategies such as field-oriented control
- Experience with modeling and simulation to determine component life and performance under various environmental or useage conditions
- Capable of overseeing and lead FMEA-related activities and exercises for motor drive systems
- Understanding of agency regulations and requirements as defined by UL, CSA, and IEC
- 5-8 years of relevant industry experience
- MSEE or PhD in Power Electronics preferred
- Experience designing and developing industrial or commercial variable-frequency drives
- Familiarity with multi-level converters or inverters
- Understanding of implementation of active rectification techniques for regenerative applications or harmonic and power factor correction
- Experience with permanent magnet motor technologies, or switched/synchronous reluctance motors
- Competitive salary + equity
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision) & 401(k)
- Work from one of our offices or join the 70% that work remotely
- Open Paid-Time-Off policy
- Autonomy and flexibility to build green tech from the ground up
- Incredible growth potential – we are revolutionizing the electric motor industry