At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Trane Technologies Co-Op Program provides current college students with challenging assignments, leadership training, valuable exposure to our company’s senior leaders and opportunities to network. Our Co-Op is offered to candidates working towards their Master’s or PhD in Power Electronics, Controls Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering field and will operate full-time from January to August, or May to December as we work with your University towards Academic Credit for your work.
Here at Trane Technologies, we value our people and their development. Our goal is to uplift talent and provide options for career paths after graduation. Click here to learn more.
Onsite in La Crosse, WI or White Bear Lake, MN – $3500 relocation/housing stipend is provided prior to starting
Successful Candidate’s Profile:
We are looking for performance-driven, innovative leaders who understand the importance of collaboration and customer focus.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD in Power Electronics, Controls Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering with a cumulative overall GPA at or above 3.0 throughout the duration of the program
- Must be available to work Full-time for 6-8 consecutive months (January to August or May to December)
- Working knowledge of MATLAB – Simulink modelling, script development, GUI’s. Proficiency required.
- Working knowledge of control systems for power electronics including – motor drives, active filters, DC/DC converters, battery management and magnetic bearing systems.
- Experience with Hardware In Loop (HIL) based platforms such as Opal-RT, Speedgoat, dSPACE is desired.
- Self-motivated, willing to take initiative, able to function effectively in independent and team based situations.
- Ability to work in a laboratory environment for extended duration, author test plans, coordinate testing with lab staff and reviewing results.
- Collaborate with others to foster effective teamwork by linking own responsibilities to the team’s goals and needs – zeal for new information, knowledge, and experiences
- Rapidly resolve problems to maximize customer satisfaction
- Establish courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently, such as, prioritizing tasks based on importance
- Demonstrated leadership skills such as: campus organizations, sports team captain, resident advisor, etc. or exceptional leadership of work projects
- U.S. citizen or have the legal right to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
Base Pay Range: $22.00 – $29.50 per hour
Disclaimer – This base pay range is based on US national averages. Actual base pay could be a result of function, class year, and geographic location where the work is performed.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.