ECO-Westinghouse Motor Company, Round Rock, TX
Position: System engineer of Power Electronics
Title: Principal engineer – PE at TWMC
The Power Electronic System Engineer is a high-impact and dynamic role, which will engage in the electrical and systems engineering disciplines to design motor drive and renewal power conversion as well as provide guiding to other engineers. In this role, you will be part of the power electronics design team where you will demonstrate leadership supporting silicon carbide inverter and converter designs for motor control, electric vehicle charger and energy storage applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Apply innovative design techniques to medium voltage motor drive and high-power converters.
• Work in a fast-paced team environment on a variety of R&D and production programs.
• Provide technical leadership to personnel / multi-functional teams supporting the assigned project.
• Recommend approaches to meet the technical and program requirements.
• Participate and/or present in program reviews.
• Perform power electronics topology study and circuit design for advanced converter and inverter.
• Design analog and digital control circuit and provide guideline for board layout.
• Conduct worst case analysis of circuit implementations and system functional performance.
• Perform circuit and system level modeling and analysis using spice, MATLAB, Simulink, or other comparable tools.
• Investigate control algorithms utilizing computer simulation or HIL tools for motor control, power conversion and grid connection.
• Work with firmware team to translate algorithms into software implementation.
• Test, validate, and troubleshoot controller implementation.
• Document the requirements, designs and test reports.
• Develop control/protection logic and program PLC for system level integration and commission.