● Master of Science degree in Electrical or equivalent Engineering from an ABET accredited university
● Minimum of 5 years of Thermal Design and Assembly for traction E-Motors
● Experience in Designing, Manufacturing and Assembly of different Thermal design topologies for traction E-Motors (e.g., Water-Jacket, Oil, Hybrid, Air, etc.)
● Experience with Thermal Principles, Modeling, and Analysis (CFD)
● Experience of E-Motors’ Mechanical, Electromagnetic, and NVH Analysis and Testing
● Extensive experience in Thermal Simulations (MotorCAD, ANSYS, Fluent, Other CFD SW)
● Experience in E-Motors Design for Manufacturing and E-Motors Design for Assembly (DFMEA, PFEMA, DRBTR, DRBFM, etc.)
● Experience in E-Motors prototyping and production
● Materials knowledge in E-Motors subcomponents
● Knowledge of E-Motor design principles, operation, testing, and reliability
● Knowledge of E-Motor subcomponents design and development such as magnet wires, insulation papers, steel lamination, magnets, shaft, bearing, etc.
● Knowledge of different E-Motor technologies, IPM, IM, Axial flux, SRM
● Knowledgeable in regards to GD&T
● As appropriate, owns the test-to-learn process, data collection, and analysis of E-Motors’ Performance, Losses, and Efficiency results.
● Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work both independently and with others
● Ph.D. degree in Electrical or Equivalent Engineering from an ABET accredited university
● Familiarity with automotive product development processes and project management
● Excellent problem solving techniques and analytical ability
● Excellent leadership skills
● Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
● Knowledgeable in use of Team Center with experience in NX in a production release environment.