||Electric Motor Technical Specialist – Mechanical
||Headquarters & Technology Center – Auburn Hills
||7840 – Power Electronics, E-Motors & EDMs
||The Electric Motor Technical Specialist is responsible for the E-Motors’ Mechanical Design, Manufacturing, and Assembly for automotive electrification applications. This role includes the development of the Mechanical design and specification of different E-Motors for all types of Electrified Propulsions (LV/HV for MHEVs, PHEVs, and BEVs). Also, this role will provide technical assistance to other E-Motor Design Aspects. The Engineer will coordinate prototype build and dyno test activities. He/she will stay abreast of new E-Motors technology including Benchmarking and Lead the Mechanical Design and Assembly activities and development. The Engineer will participate in E-Motors technical roadmap and develop different Mechanical concepts of E-Motors Systems to meet vehicle requirements.
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or equivalent Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years of Mechanical Design and Assembly for traction E-Motors
- Experience in Designing, Manufacturing and Assembly of different Mechanical design topologies for traction E-Motors (e.g., Indication Machines, Surface Permanent Magnet, Interior Permanent Magnet, PM Assist, etc.)
- Experience with Mechanical Principles and Analysis (Finite Element Analysis, Simulation, and Modeling)
- Experience of E-Motors’ Electromagnetic, Thermal, and NVH Analysis and Testing
- Experience in E-Motors Design for Manufacturing and E-Motors Design for Assembly (DFMEA, PFEMA, DRBTR, DRBFM, etc.)
- Experience in E-Motors prototyping and production
- Materials knowledge in E-Motors subcomponents
- Knowledge of E-Motor design principles, operation, testing, and reliability
- Knowledge of E-Motor subcomponents design and development such as magnet wires, insulation papers, steel lamination, magnets, shaft, bearing, etc.
- Knowledge of different E-Motor technologies, IPM, IM, Axial flux, SRM
- Knowledge of different E-Motor Cooling technologies; Water, Oil, or Hybrid
- Knowledgeable in regards to GD&T
- As appropriate, owns the test-to-learn process, data collection, and analysis of E-Motors’ Mechanical Structure and Stresses results.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work both independently and with others
- Ph.D. degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Equivalent Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Familiarity with automotive product development processes and project management
- Excellent problem solving techniques and analytical ability
- Excellent leadership skills
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
- Knowledgeable in use of Team Center with experience in NX in a production release environment.
||· Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
||Product Design & Engineering-Powertrain