SolarEdge is the fastest growing smart energy company and the world’s #1 residential solar provider, with offices in 22 countries. Our latest flexible solution, SolarEdge Energy Hub has won multiple industry awards for its ability to get homeowners battery-ready, EV-ready, and future-ready. We address a broad range of energy market segments, including commercial solar, EV charging, UPS, and Grid Services solutions.
SolarEdge is looking for an Electrical Engineering Intern to work on new power electronics products development. You will take part in developing and testing new products controller algorithm. You will collaborate with HW and SW teams to ensure the performance and maturity of the product.
- CLLC vs DAB Converter analysis for 15kW dc-dc converter design for wide output voltage. The goal of this project is to Design, Analysis, Model and Control design, for 15kW DC-DC CLLC vs DAB Converter for wide output voltage range.
- Design, Analyze, Model and Control design comparison for single, dual and triple phase shift 15kW DC-DC DAB Converter.
Location: Milpitas, CA/Remote
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop detailed computer simulations to investigate and verify the controller algorithms and corner cases (Matlab/Simulink, PLECS, HiL, SiL)
- Develop dynamic models of the system, and tune control algorithms to optimize the performance
- Contribute to the controller hardware part selection
- Work with the firmware team to translate the control algorithms into software
- Work with design engineers to define, develop, and execute software-in-the-loop (SIL), Hardware-in-loop (HIL) and benchtop tests for different boards
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Deep understanding of operating principles of grid connected AC/DC converters and DC/DC resonant converters
- Ability to develop, implement and test control algorithms for switching power converters
- Experience with modeling power converters in offline and Real-time simulation platforms (Matlab/Simulink, PLECS, LTspice, HIL, SIL)
- MS or PhD program