SolarEdge is the fastest growing smart energy company and the world’s #1 residential solar provider, with offices in 22 countries. Our latest flexible solution, SolarEdge Energy Hub has won multiple industry awards for its ability to get homeowners battery-ready, EV-ready, and future-ready. We address a broad range of energy market segments, including commercial solar, EV charging, UPS, and Grid Services solutions.
SolarEdge RnD division in California is working on developing new products related to UPS and e-mobility (EV) industries. Both segments involve full engineering design cycle, from concept to prototype to production. Our engineering division is constantly pushing the boundaries beyond industry standards to achieve products of highest reliability, efficiency and lowest cost.
SolarEdge is looking for a strong Power Electronics Engineer to work on new product development for UPS and e-mobility industries. You will work on designing new converters/inverters, support existing designs and execute from prototype to production.
Location: Milpitas, CA.
Sponsorship and relocation package provided
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the research, design, and development of products for the power electronics systems in renewable and EV mobility area
• Design power stages, from few kW to tens of kW, and control
• Provide technical leadership to a small team of engineers, lead and manage new projects in area of power electronics
• Design and analyze analog circuitry, digital signals, PWMs and GPIO
• Design and analyze high frequency magnetics
• Collaborate with engineers to perform cross-functional tasks as control, testing, layout, etc.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• MS or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering with focus in Power Electronics
• 7+ years of experience with designing power electronics systems
• Hands on experience with 600V and 1200V class switching power converters
• Power topologies including AC-DC (PFC), isolated DC-DC and DC-AC experience Familiar with power semiconductors: MOSFETs, IGBTs, etc.
• Familiar with MATLAB/Simulink, PSPICE
• Previous experience in managing power electronics projects
• Experience with Soft-switching and resonant topologies
• Experience in similar industries: motor drives, power supplies, etc.
• Experience with GAN and SiC power components
• Experience with EMI design and troubleshooting
• Complete product life-cycle experience