We need a diverse workforce to do our best work. We need the makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers, and everything in between. That is where you come in.
We are looking for a Sr. Motor Hardware Development Engineer who will be responsible for the design of servo motors for new product development. This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor.
Sr. Motor Hardware Engineer (myworkdayjobs.com)
What You Will Do
- Lead electromagnetic design of servo motors for new product development.
- Lead servo motor technology assessment to support the development of motor product roadmap.
- Support motor product certification requirements and the creation of design guidance to facilitate certifications.
- Create engineering evaluation test plan to validate motor prototypes.
- Conduct design reviews and peer reviews as needed to ensure that the products meet the intended design specifications.
- Assess products and processes for their ability to meet customer requirements including capability, reliability, and robustness.
Skills You Have
- Knowledge of Motor electromagnetic design.
- Experience with 2D and 3D FEA, Ansys Maxwell, or similar electromagnetic analysis software.
- Basic knowledge of power electronics and servo drives.
- Knowledge of motor insulation system.
- Knowledge of motor thermal modeling.
- Knowledge of motor control theory/algorithm.
- Experience utilizing Matlab/Simulink.
- Knowledge of design for motor manufacturing.
- Experience working in a lab testing environment including use of oscilloscope and data acquisition equipment and writing technical reports.
- The ability to effectively collaborate with and lead a broader team including Product Management, vendors, testers, and Operations.
- The ability to contribute to strategic product direction by keeping others aware of relevant technology.
- Interpersonal: Excellent communication, reporting/presentation skills and influence. Demonstrated competency working across business unit lines with an integrated team to achieve positive objectives.
- Prioritizes engineering tasks consistent with the overall motion business strategy.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct, and demonstrates full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering
- 5 years of experience in servo motor product development
- Travel 5% of time
- Master’s, PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of robotics, AGV, linear motors and Independent Cart Technology.
- Knowledge of Industrial Automation application including motion application.
- Familiarity with principles of Design for Six Sigma and comfortable working with statistics.
- Experience with 3D modeling (Creo and Solidworks)
- Experience working with certifying bodies such as UL, CSA, TUV, etc.