- Lead electromagnetic design of servo motors for new product development.
- Lead servo motor technology assessment to support the development of motor product roadmap.
- Support motor product certification requirements and the creation of design guidance to facilitate certifications.
- Create engineering evaluation test plan to validate motor prototypes.
- Conduct design reviews and peer reviews as needed to ensure that the products meet the intended design specifications.
- Assess products and processes for their ability to meet customer requirements including capability, reliability, and robustness.
Skills You Have
- Knowledge of Motor electromagnetic design.
- Experience with 2D and 3D FEA, Ansys Maxwell, or similar electromagnetic analysis software.
- Basic knowledge of power electronics and servo drives.
- Knowledge of motor insulation system.
- Knowledge of motor thermal modeling.
- Knowledge of motor control theory/algorithm.
- Experience utilizing Matlab/Simulink.
- Knowledge of design for motor manufacturing.
- Experience working in a lab testing environment including use of oscilloscope and data acquisition equipment and writing technical reports.
- The ability to effectively collaborate with and lead a broader team including Product Management, vendors, testers, and Operations.
- The ability to contribute to strategic product direction by keeping others aware of relevant technology.
- Excellent communication, reporting/presentation skills and influence. Demonstrated competency working across business unit lines with an integrated team to achieve positive objectives.
- Prioritizes engineering tasks consistent with the overall motion business strategy.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct, and demonstrates full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering or related Engineering degree.
- Travel 5% of time
- 5 years of experience in servo motor product development
- Master’s, PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of robotics, AGV, linear motors and Independent Cart Technology.
- Knowledge of Industrial Automation application including motion application.
- Familiarity with principles of Design for Six Sigma and comfortable working with statistics.
- Experience with 3D modeling (Creo and Solidworks)
- Experience working with certifying bodies such as UL, CSA, TUV, etc.