Advanced Technology is the corporate-level research lab tasked with a) identifying, b) assessing, c) developing, and d) transitioning advanced industrial automation and information technologies to support and influence future strategic business objectives.
Technical member of an applied R&D laboratory who works on multidisciplinary engineering problems related to factory automation. This position requires a wide range of expertise in electrical, mechanical, and system engineering. The individual must be able to communicate results through presentations and publications. Successful candidate would work alone or on a team and may supervise technicians or interns.
Undergraduate Degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics with 5 years relevant experience OR Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Applied Physics.
- Demonstrated expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- Power electronics and power conversion equipment
- Motor drive systems
- Motion control systems
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and electromechanical systems.
- Understanding of power electronics, energy conversion, and control systems.
- Experience in using multi-physics simulation, modeling, and analysis tools.
- Hands-on experience working safely in a laboratory with high voltage and current.
- Excellent analysis and troubleshooting skills and an aptitude for solving complex problems
- Experience with modeling utilizing MATLAB and Simulink.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Advanced Degree; Master’s or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Applied Physics
- Experience in power electronics design, prototyping, and testing.
- Experience with modeling power electronic systems using tools such as dSpace, HIL, Simplorer, Spice, and/or FEA.
- Expertise with industrial automation environments including PLC programming; Preference for experience with Rockwell Automation equipment and software.
- Proficiency with programming languages such as C/C++, Python, Java and code management via git.
- Strong interpersonal collaboration skills.
- Experience as a Principal Investigator (PI).
- Experience composing reports in LaTeX.
This position is part of a job family. Experience will be a determining factor for position level and compensation.