Garrett is the true pioneer of automotive turbocharging dating back more than 60 years, and continues today as the world’s leader in turbo technology solutions and an experienced supplier of electric boosting products and automotive software to support passenger cars, commercial vehicles and off-highway equipment. With a worldwide footprint of engineering centers, testing labs and manufacturing facilities, Garrett serves all major automotive companies to implement key differentiated technology offerings. Bring your passion to a fast paced and professional work atmosphere.
Find Out More About This Opportunity
• The Electrical Engineer intern with a focus on power electronics, will work on research, design, prototyping, test and characterization of cutting-edge hardware for electrified powertrain. The work will involve,
• Designing power electronics converters with GaN and SiC devices
• Bring-up, troubleshooting and testing of the hardware
• Test data analysis, post-processing, characterization, visualization and documentation.
• Master or PhD student in Electrical Engineering
• Hands-on hardware design experience
• Solid understanding of power electronics fundamentals
• Experience with schematic, layout, PCB design
• Experience with scripting in Python or MATLAB
• Programming experience in C for embedded applications is a bonus.
• Hands-on experience with lab equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, etc.
• Integrating a high technology, collaborative & passionate team
• Discovering high paced Automotive product development together with exciting and innovative technologies
• Close contact with major OEM and suppliers
• Career opportunities
• Dynamic and international work environment
Garrett Motion requires employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation.
Garrett is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Note: This internship could also be available as a co-op.