INNOVATE WITHOUT BOUNDARIES! At Milwaukee Tool we firmly believe that our People and our Culture are the secrets to our success – so we give you unlimited access to everything you need to create disruptive new technologies and solutions on our engineering teams. Our Engineering Team is responsible for giving life to the batteries, motors, and electronics that power solutions changing the lives of our users. Every developmental phase of these critical components happens in-house under the watch of this team. We continue to invest in a mix of mechanical and electrical engineering expertise to design and develop leadership in motor capabilities. We create Best-in-Class products by leveraging advanced analysis tools, extensive hands-on testing regimes, state-of-the-art manufacturing processes, and cross-functional agility.
Behind our doors you’ll be empowered every day to own it, drive it, and do what it takes to design and develop the biggest breakthroughs in the industry. Meanwhile, you’ll have the support and resources of the fastest-growing brand in the construction industry to make it happen.
Year after year, our team continues to make significant breakthroughs in the industry.
We’re just getting started. As a Principal Motor Engineer for Milwaukee Tool, you will be located at our Corporate & Global Design Headquarter in Brookfield, WI. You will work in a fast-paced environment to innovate new products as a member of a cross-functional team. One of the most rewarding aspects of the job is seeing a product you designed from concept to production in the hands of professionals.
Domestic and international travel opportunities are available and sometimes required. In the US, Milwaukee has manufacturing locations in Mississippi. Overseas, you will have the opportunity to work with Chinese engineering counterparts as well as meet with suppliers in other areas of Asia.
You’ll be DISRUPTIVE through these duties and responsibilities:
• Chief technical resource and mechanical engineering leader on mid/high complexity Power Tool motors platform projects with minimal guidance.
• Must be willing to take a personal hands-on approach to problem solving, rapid prototype development, and risk mitigation efforts.
• Must be capable and willing to take on agile project development cycles from white paper to mass production delivery. This includes working with MFG teams and DFM as part of the early development planning.
• Effectively identify and communicate issues to upper management in a clear, concise and timely manner while driving action based on urgency.
• Provide technical leadership, direction, guidance and engineering expertise to colleagues and other cross-functional teams.
• Establish and drive test regimens for components and assemblies within scope of the project and organization.
• Independently track projects to ensure adherence to schedule and the Milwaukee process.
• Schedule, develop agendas for, facilitate and document technical meetings and formal presentations.
• Draw concise, logical, written conclusions from experiments based on data analysis with minimal guidance.
• Develop and maintain familiarity and understanding of Milwaukee’s development and manufacturing processes.
• Drive supplier relationships to develop part/product specifications that meet performance requirements while falling within process capabilities.
• Work with and establish trusting relationships with engineers throughout Asia and the world.
• Design to and qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE and ANSI.
• Make clean-sheet motor designs of brushed and brushless DC motors.
• Create new development tests to aid in design verification and failure modes based on risks of design.
• Perform root cause failure analysis of motor failures.
• Design and make design changes to motor components while understanding how these changes affect durability and manufacturing processes.
• Mentor and train junior engineers in their design and failure analysis.
What TOOLS you’ll bring with you:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering. Master’s degree preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in related design field.
• Experience running and leading weekly updates to varying levels of the business.
• Tolerance Stackup Analysis
• Experienced in high volume low cost design and development
• Vibration and Sound analysis
• Excellent problem-solving skills and a hands-on attitude.
• High proficiency in CAD; Proficiency with FEA solvers is also preferred. (NX, Ansys Preferred)
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and Power Point.
• Ability to travel 10% of the time is required (travel includes Domestic and International).
• Familiar with Brushless DC motors; Design, Prototype, and Large scale manufacturing.
• Prefer to have a basic understanding of motor controls, battery technology, and power tool applications.
• Good understanding of metal stamping, steel machining, and injection molded processes.
• Expert understanding of motor assembly and motor component design/manufacturing and what drives cost and durability.
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
- And many more – check out our benefits site.
To apply or for questions, please contact Pia Strampp email@example.com or Kyle Hanson firstname.lastname@example.org.