As an Electrical Engineering Intern, you will work with regular direction and guidance from a Sr. Engineer. The primary duty is to utilize engineering skills to contribute to the design and development of new products and technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, prototype, test and troubleshoot ground-up embedded electronics systems, including hardware and firmware.
- Utilize technical expertise to create innovative functionality in electro-mechanical products including, motors, batteries and power conversion, both converters and inverters.
- Participate as a critical member of a cross-functional design team that includes Mechanical Engineering, Firmware, Product Marketing, Quality, Reliability and Operations.
- Partner with industry leading electronic component manufacturers to create your custom designs
- Design new experiments that represent real world environments to validate functionality, performance and reliability of your new-to-world innovations.
- Project areas include embedded controller design, motor control, noise and vibration analysis, magnetic analysis and power conversion.
WEMPEC students are encouraged to contact us if they are interested in this opportunity.