ITW Welding continues to build its capabilities in power electronics design in order to create world class welding power supplies for our customers. We are currently looking for an experienced electrical engineer with a power electronics focus to play a key role in our Innovation and Technology department. The engineer will be a key contributor in the investigation, development, and implementation of hardware solutions for new industrial and commercial with primary focus on AC / DC and DC / AC power conversion (5-30kW). The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of designing and testing multi KW power supplies including semiconductor selection, magnetics design and PWM control. This position requires a highly motivated individual with exceptional communications and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with engineering teams, marketing, and product management to develop innovative and reliable products to serve our customer needs.
- Effectively work individually and on a multidisciplinary team with electrical, software, mechanical, and welding engineers to take projects from original concept to implementation.
- Primary responsibilities include design, development, and test of welding power converters to be used in Industrial and Commercial Platforms.
- Provide power electronics leadership, mentoring and consultation on various projects.
- Perform testing and create documentation on new designs.
- Maintain and drive platform commonality and re-use across multiple designs.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and project deliverables.
- Identify innovative patentable solutions to end market needs.