Menomonee Falls, WI, US, 53051
Job ID: 107007
The Leonardo DRS Naval Power Systems business is a trusted provider of innovative naval gas and hybrid power systems, control technology and support solutions for the U.S. Navy and navies around the world.
Naval Power Systems’ commitment to and investment in our people, products, and customers is the foundation of who we are. We offer a competitive Total Rewards package, generous time off, and a fun and flexible working environment. Some of our great benefits include: comprehensive medical/dental/vision programs, a 9/80 work schedule allowing for every other Friday off (!), a 401(k) plan with immediate vesting and an attractive company match, company paid Life & Disability Insurance, a Charitable Match Program & Paid Volunteer Time Off, a Paid Parental Leave program, an Employee Wellness Program, a Tuition Assistance Program, Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) promoting Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, and so much more!
Join our Menomonee Falls, WI team as a Senior Systems Engineer involved in the analysis, design, development, and implementation of new and existing systems and sub-systems.
A few (but not all) of the job responsibilities:
- Determine system specifications and support acquisition of hardware and software (or subcontractor services as needed)
- Responsible for leading group of engineers on a technical activity and completion of activity on time and budget
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments. Review customer specifications and requirements, and under direction, develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Drive the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Participate in preparation of proposals
- Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Attend appropriate engineering, customer or business meetings
- Mentor junior engineers; lead and direct the work of others as needed
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Fluency in technologies and application domain
- Ability to lead a technical group independently
- Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment