Senior Staff Engineer, Advanced Development
Work Mode: Onsite
Location: Kohler, WI
This is more than a job posting for Kohler Company, one of the oldest and largest privately held companies in North America. This is an invitation to collaborate and apply your craft in a creative conscious and characterful culture.
For the last 100 years, our engines, generators and UPS products have powered homes, hospitals, lawn mowers, stadiums, and everything in-between. The Senior Staff Engineer, Advanced Development will be responsible for evaluating and developing power conversion technologies that connect energy storage, alternate power generation methods including fuel cells and solar, inverter hardware, inverter software, and high-level system control.
- Develop system level power conversion topologies using Simulink and MATLAB with a focus on DC-DC and bidirectional DC-AC control.
- Design and implement feedback and model predictive control algorithms to meet performance and robustness requirements.
- Collaborate with hardware and software architects to develop full system models and leveraging autocode generation for concept validation.
- Preform system level optimization to meet performance targets including durability while minimizing product cost. Effectively communicate results in written and oral format.
- Assist with building and evaluating concept systems to validate simulation results.
- Develop internal intellectual property (IP) ensuring robustness and alignment to business unit objectives in the power generation and energy conversion technology space. Advise management team on strength of supplier, partner, and competitive IP.
- Identify, participate and influence within university, government, and commercial consortiums focused on energy space to ensure awareness of R&D incentives, future legislation, and technical and safety standard developments.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering Required. Master’s Degree or PhD is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-8 years work experience dependent on educational background.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in power conversion hardware and controls systems at or greater than kilowatt scale.
- Strong technical experience with MATLAB and Simulink including model based code development, validation hardware testing and troubleshooting.
Preference to those who have the following:
- Familiarity with a wide array of power generation technologies and battery storage.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- High level of motivation and ability to collaborate effectively in a team and independently to achieve desired results.
While the position is based out of our Global Headquarters in Wisconsin, flexible and remote working options are available for individual with proven demonstration of remote working.
To fully demonstrate our commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of our associates, we are requiring all U.S. based team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment beginning January 1, 2022. We believe this path forward further strengthens our workforce and the future growth and resilience of our company and community. Individuals with medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.’s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Read the full article at: https://kohler.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/16/home/requisition/29726?c=kohler