Location: New Freedom-Pennsylvania-United States of America
What you will do:
Hardware design engineers design, test and sustain electronic Printed Circuit Board (PCBs) assemblies and components. They conduct reliability testing and prove that the product operates as encouraged with reference to specific documented hardware requirements. VSD control development for embedded processor using MATLAB/SIMULINK.
How you will do it:
- Develop and maintain electronic circuit designs with embedded processors and FPGA/CPLD.
- Design of analog and digital interface circuits, development of power supply circuits and/or selection of power supplies.
- Perform the worst case circuit analysis and incorporation of appropriate reliability principles to ensure reliable operation over the environmental specifications.
- Assist internal customers to develop, test and support PCBA related projects.
- Independently conduct and apply cost analysis to feasibility studies on proposed designs or modifications to existing designs.
- Understanding and complying with quality policy, procedures and instructions to ensure product quality and customer happiness.
- Conduct system modeling, system simulation and verification using MATLAB/Simulink with Auto-code generation.
What we look for:
- BSEE or BSCE, or related field; minimum of 4 years of experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, schedule driven, team-oriented environment.
- Using MATLAB/SIMULINK for system modeling and simulation, controller design and Auto-code generation.
- Where legally permissible, if hired, candidate is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no later than his/her start date, unless candidate has a valid medical condition or sincerely held religious belief precluding them from receiving the vaccine.
- Experience with programmable logic.
- Familiarity with Renesas, Arm and TI DSPs.
- Experience with power electronics hardware design.
- Familiarity with HVAC Systems is a plus. Familiarity with circuit design and layout tools such as Mentor Graphic.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here