Part-Time Student-Product Engineering-Dubuque IA
Date: Apr 19, 2021
Location: Dubuque, Iowa, United States, 52001
Company: John Deere
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa – Dubuque
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Part-Time Student-Product Engineering-Dubuque IA – 72841
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company’s regular full-time staff and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule.
As an Electric Drives Part-Time Student for the John Deere Construction & Forestry Division located in Dubuque, Iowa you will work with a team to develop vehicle electrification systems on construction and forestry equipment. In addition, you will:
- Works with team to develop the next generation of electric machines, power electronics, and/or connection systems that will be used on construction equipment.
- Participates on internal teams to drive methodology, processes, and tools to design Power Electronic Powertrain Systems including developing simulation models and data analysis tools.
- Provides problem solving of electric drive systems issues on new product development and current production
- Works with team to evaluate possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on knowledge of engineering applications.
What Skills You Need
- Ideally you will be pursuing a degree in the field of electric drives; others may apply
- Must be registered as a full-time student at an accredited university
- Graduation date of May 2022 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- 10-20 hours/week during the academic year (remotely is acceptable)
- 35-40 hours/week during the summer semester
- Knowledge of power electronics and/or electric machine operating principles
What Makes You Stand Out
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with automotive or off-highway equipment
- A strong desire and ability to learn new subject matters and technologies
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.