Senior PE Control System Engineer – Cary, NC
Date: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Cary, North Carolina, US, 27513
Company: John Deere
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) – North Carolina – Cary
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Senior PE Control System Engineer – 75394
As a Senior PE Control System Engineer for the John Deere ISG Electrification team, you will,
- Develop advanced electric drive controls solutions at both component and system levels for a broad range of applications
- Validate and deliver controls software through code development, HIL validation, dyno testing, and field integration support
- Conduct advanced eDrive and vehicle system simulation to support features development and vehicle performance assessment
- Interface with stakeholders to develop control system requirements that support vehicle electrification solutions. Mentor other control and software developers in design, modeling, coding, and testing practices.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 5 or more years of experience for advanced power electronics and control algorithm development
- 5 or more years of simulation experience for power electronics and control system
- 3 or more years of hands-on power electronics testing experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Relevant research experience in academic institutes will be equally considered
What Makes You Stand Out
- Advanced degree with a focus on power electronics and/or control system
- Experience with advanced electric motor control, dc/dc converter, grid-tied inverter, energy storage integration and vehicle power management
- Experience with modeling, simulation and Hardware-in-Loop system
- Experience with advanced control systems and techniques such as observer, model predictive control, etc.
- Experience with advanced digital signal processing schemes such as filter design
- Experience with hybrid electric vehicle applications
- Experience with advanced research topics
- Experience with power electronics hardware design
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with a focus on power electronics and/or control system. PhD degree is preferred.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.