Senior Software Engineer – Cary, NC
Date: Jul 22, 2021
Location: Cary, North Carolina, US, 27513
Company: John Deere
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) – North Carolina – Cary
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Senior Software Engineer – 75492
As a Senior Software Engineer for the John Deere ISG Electrification team, you will interface with stakeholders to develop software requirements that support system solutions. In addition, you will:
- Create and implement robust software designs using best practices and present-day tools and techniques
- Support system integration and general troubleshooting of software features working independently to resolve complex issues
- Mentor other software developers in design, modeling, coding, and testing practices
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 5 or more years of experience in embedded software development using real time operating systems, task schedulers, and configuring microcontroller peripherals
- 5 or more years of development experience with the C programming language
- 5 or more years of development experience using model-based software development
- 5 or more years of experience employing rigorous process measures to ensure product quality
- Effective written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with hybrid electric systems
- Experience with Agile software development methods
- Experience with test automation using Hardware in the Loop systems
- Experience with communication protocols such as J1939, ISO11783, UDS, TCP/IP
- Experience with control systems (e.g. electro-mechanical control or electro-hydraulic control systems)
- Other programming languages such as C# or Python
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.