Senior Power Electronics Design Engineer
– Cary, NC
Date: Jul 28, 2021
Location: Cary, North Carolina, US, 27513
Company: John Deere
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) – North Carolina – Cary
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Senior Power Electronics Design Engineer – 75273
As a Senior Power Electronics Design Engineer for John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group located in Cary, NC, you will produce and/or evaluate design solutions for electronic assemblies to improve cost, quality and performance based on electronic design knowledge of engineering applications together with the involvement of manufacturing, mechanical, software and other functional engineers, supply management and supplier personnel. In addition, you will:
- Create, analyze, read, and understand technical requirements written by others to determine the best technical solution for complex problems or projects of difficult scope.
- Compile and furnish necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Lead in resolution of product based difficult technical issues whether within the company or with outside suppliers.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 5 or more years of experience as an Electronics Design Engineer
- Experience in electronic circuit design
- Ability to technically comprehend microprocessor-based embedded electronic, software, and mechanical packaging designs and requirements
- Ability to technically comprehend testing, manufacturing, quality control, and marketing requirements
- Ability to adapt electronic circuitry to vehicle and/or fixed equipment applications
- Ability to perform complex engineering work requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out engineering tasks
- Able to make preliminary selections or adaptations of engineering alternatives
- Ability to direct the work of engineers, aides or technicians
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience in product design from concept to production
- Experience with 3-phase motor control inverter design and verification
- Experience in power electronics design for DC-DC conversion
- System knowledge of hybrid and/or electric vehicles
- Experience with MathCAD
- Experience with electronic circuit simulation tools
- Experience with Mentor Graphics or other schematic capture tools
- Experience with designing to harsh environmental specifications
- Experience with microcontroller and FPGA based designs
- Experience in leading the electronic design function within a larger project team
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering program
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.