Date: Feb 9, 2023
Location: Fargo, ND : Cary, NC, North Dakota, US, 58102-2854
Company: John Deere
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This position may be located in Fargo, ND or Cary, NC per the hiring manager’s discretion. This may be dependent on the successful candidate’s background, experience, and proficiency.
As a Senior Power Electronics Design Engineer for John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group located in Fargo, ND or Cary, NC, you will….
- Produces and/or evaluates design solutions for power electronic assemblies (3-ph inverters, dc/dc converters, etc.) to improve cost, quality and performance based on electronic design knowledge of engineering applications together with the involvement of manufacturing, mechanical, software and other functional engineers, supply management and supplier personnel.
- Creates, analyzes, reads, and understands technical requirements written by others to determine the best technical solution for complex problems or projects of difficult scope.
- Compiles and furnishes necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Leads in resolution of product based difficult technical issues whether within the company or with outside suppliers.
VISA Sponsorship is available for this position
What Skills You Need
- 5 or more years of experience in Power Electronics product design and/or application, including design and verification methods, manufacturing methods, and 3-phase motor control techniques (Master’s Degree or Ph. D candidate experience can be through internships, relevant coursework, and/or professional experience)
- Electronic circuit design.
- Technically comprehending microprocessor-based embedded electronic, software, and mechanical packaging designs and requirements.
- Technically comprehending testing, manufacturing, quality control, and marketing requirements.
- Adapting electronic circuitry to vehicle and/or fixed equipment applications.
- Performing complex engineering work requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out engineering tasks.
- Making decisions on electronic design circuit architecture, part selection, and potential alternative approaches.
- Directing the work of engineers, students, or technicians.
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English).
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience in product design from concept to production.
- Experience with designing to harsh environmental specifications.
- Experience with 3-phase motor control inverter design and verification.
- Experience in power electronics design for DC-DC conversion.
- System knowledge of hybrid and/or electric vehicles.
- Experience with MathCAD
- Experience with electronic circuit simulation tools
- Experience with Siemens/Mentor Graphics or other schematic capture tools
- Experience with microcontroller and Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) based designs
- Experience in leading the electronic design function within a larger project team
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering program.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use