Date: Jan 18, 2023
Location: East Moline, Illinois, US, 61244
Company: John Deere
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Illinois – East Moline
Function: Engineering (CA)
Title: Senior Electrical Power Distribution Engineer – 94495
This position is eligible for a flexible work schedule arrangement at the present time. The arrangement may be delayed for training or other job acclimation purposes and remains subject to change.
This position is eligible for remote work at the present time. The arrangement may be delayed for training or other job acclimation purposes and remains subject to change.
As a Senior Electric Power Distribution Engineer for John Deere Electric Powertrain (JDEP) located in Moline, IL, or fully remote you will…
• Define and own the technical strategy and roadmap for high voltage electrical power distribution and components including connectors, cables, and power distribution units at John Deere.
• Lead the development of connectors, cables, and power distribution units for John Deere vehicles from concept to production.
• Work with engineers from multiple product lines to define power distribution requirements, interfaces, schematics, and support vehicle integration.
• Work with suppliers and test engineers to verify and validate high voltage power distribution components.
• Be the enterprise subject matter expert for high voltage electrical power distribution components and technologies.
VISA Sponsorship is available for this position
What Skills You Need
- 2 or more years of technical experience in the design or test of high voltage electrical systems (examples include agriculture, construction, automotive, aerospace, and marine vehicles)
- 4 or more years of product design experience
- 2 or more years of experience leading technical projects
- Demonstrated ability as a technical lead for projects meeting project performance, schedule, and financial goals while using formal product development processes
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% (higher for remote)
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience designing electrical power distribution systems and components for vehicle applications
- Experience with wire harness assemblies, high voltage switching, and overcurrent protection devices
- Experience with design techniques for EMC and EMC testing
- Experience analyzing and designing solutions for the effect of AC current on power distribution components including system resonances
- Experience with high voltage power electronic modules, electric machines, and batteries
- Understanding of electrified vehicle systems and architectures
- Familiar with relevant design standards (ISO, IEC, CISPR) applicable to offroad vehicles
- Advanced technical degree
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use