Date: Sep 29, 2021
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Illinois (US-IL) – Moline
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Electrification Engineering Summer Intern 2022a – 78117
The 2022 Summer Internship Program is for students enrolled in major fields of study that align with full-time employment opportunities at John Deere. Students may enter the program during undergraduate or graduate studies. The majority of our internship experiences are offered in the summer months, usually lasting 13 weeks. Available locations for Electrification Engineering interns include Cary, NC, Moline, IL, and Fargo, ND.
An electrification intern supports product analysis, design, and/or testing activities for electric drive components and systems used on vehicles worldwide. Specific activities vary by position but will include one or more of the following responsibilities:
• Li-Ion battery development inclusive of design, analysis, and testing of cells, modules, BMS hardware, BMS software, pack level thermal and structural design, and cell aging modeling.
• Electric machine development inclusive of design, analysis, and testing of 250W – 200kW+ SPM and IPM electric motors, electromagnetic design, thermal design, high speed structural design, position sensing, and mechanical design.
• Power electronics hardware development inclusive of design, analysis, and testing of inverters, converters, and chargers. Topology, power stage, sensing, thermals, power passive components, and packaging.
• Control systems for motor drives and converters inclusive of simulation, implementation, and system testing of new algorithms, control system parameters, physical system modeling, system identification, signal estimation, and advanced diagnostics/prognostics.
• Electrification system and vehicle development inclusive of design, analysis, vehicle integration, and testing of electric drive systems consisting of batteries, inverters, motors, converters, and chargers to meet vehicle performance goals. This includes requirements, system concepting, vehicle integration and interfaces, lab testing of system performance, and vehicle testing of performance.
What Skills You Need:
• Excellent communication skills.
• Working knowledge and hands-on experience testing electrical components using standard lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, and power supplies.
• Familiarity with a symbolic programming language such as Simulink or LabView.
• Experience using modeling tools such as Matlab/Simulink or circuit analysis software.
• Experience with electric machines, inverters/converters/chargers, Li-Ion batteries, electric vehicle systems, or electric drive control systems.
• Completion of your junior year of studies is required by the time of the internship. Graduate students are preferred for advanced engineering topics.
• Strong candidates will have course work or research with a concentration in electric machines, power electronics, batteries, hybrid vehicles, or dynamics and control.
• Minimum required cumulative GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale. (3.4 or higher preferred)
Willing to travel and relocate to any John Deere location in the U.S. Locations may include: • Illinois • Iowa • North Carolina • North Dakota
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Interns receive competitive compensation and are eligible for many of the benefits offered to full-time employees.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Contact Information: If you are interested in this position or would like to learn more about it, contact Pia Strampp or Kyle Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.comRead the full article at: https://jobs.deere.com/job/Moline-Electrification-Engineering-Graduate-Student-Summer-Intern-2022a-IL-61265/799122500/?locale=en_US