Location: Fargo, North Dakota, US, 58102-2854
Company: John Deere
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
This position is eligible for a flexible work schedule arrangement at the present time. The arrangement may be delayed for training or other job acclimation purposes and remains subject to change.
As an Electrification Application Engineer for John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG) located in Fargo, ND, you will:
- Support the application of our power electronics product family into electric drive systems.
- Support customers through answering questions, creation of documentation, providing training, conducting analysis, and planning and executing testing.
- Assist in on-site commissioning of new systems and vehicles, including troubleshooting system issues, making recommendations on applicable features and software parameters.
- Provide technical guidance to other engineers and travel as needed domestically and internationally to accomplish the tasks required of this position.
Visa sponsorship IS available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 3 or more years of experience in Power Electronics product design and/or application, including design and verification methods, manufacturing methods, and 3-phase motor control techniques (Master’s Degree candidate experience can be through internships, relevant coursework and/or professional experience)
- 3 or more years of experience working constructively with teams and individuals having diverse skills and different cultural backgrounds
- 3 or more years of experience in the creation and use of design and product documentation such as schematics, bill of materials, installation manuals, design analysis, and reliability predictions
- 3 or more years of experience executing analysis, simulation, and modeling of electric drive components and systems
- 3 or more years of experience conducting in-lab performance testing of components and systems
- Strong communications skills (English), including listening, verbal, written and presentation
- Ability to provide work direction to engineers, students, and technicians
- Ability to travel up to 25%, as needed
What Makes You Stand Out
- Power electronics product design experience from concept to production
- Experience with 100kW+ power electronic components
- Hands-on electrified system/vehicle integration experience, including major components, interfaces, auxiliaries, and lab measurement equipment
- Vehicle and/or grid-tied power electronics applications
- Proficiency with MathCAD, MATLAB/Simulink, and electronic circuit simulation tools
- Designing for harsh environmental specifications
- Experience with CAN communications and tools
- Experience with microcontroller and Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA)-based designs
- Practical familiarity with Electrical Safety and Functional Safety standards
- Experience with Siemens/Mentor Graphics or other schematic capture tools
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering discipline
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use