There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: Vereinigte Staaten (US) – Iowa – Dubuque
Function: Engineering (CA)
Title: Electric Drives Product Engineer – 96009
This position is eligible for a flexible work schedule arrangement at the present time. The arrangement may be delayed for training or other job acclimation purposes and remains subject to change.
As a Electric Drives Product Engineer for JD Dubuque Works located in Dubuque, IA you will be, participating on PDP (Product Development Process) teams, ensuring design activities and plans are formulated and followed. In addition, you will:
- Leading ISDP (Integrated System Delivery Process) projects to develop e-drive components and systems.
- Providing problem solving of electric drive systems issues on new product development and current production.
- Participating on internal teams to drive methodology, processes, and tools to design electric drive systems
- Leveraging team to perform necessary analysis and testing in order to lower project risk
VISA Sponsorship IS available for this position
What Skills You Need
- 2 or more years of previous engineering experience performing analysis, testing and/or design work for a defined portion of a project or equivalent
- 2 or more years of experience working in teams to solve technical problems.
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical issues.
- A strong desire and ability to learn new subject matters and technologies.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%
What Makes You Stand Out
- Knowledge of power electronics and electric machine operating principles
- Experience with data acquisition and analysis software such as LabVIEW, dSpace. Glyphworks, Matlab, NI, etc.
- Experience utilizing SAEJ1939 interfacing tools or other vehicle controller interfaces
- Experience with off-highway equipment
- Master of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use