Job Description Summary
As a Power Electronics Research Engineer in Vernova R&D organization, you will be involved in the development of new power electronics concepts. Your work will include power electronics system modeling and simulation, design and testing of power converters and converter submodules, testing and characterization of power electronics devices, EMI filter design for converters application. You will contribute to the development of advanced power conversion concepts as well as their implementation for application to power generation, transmission, and distribution applications.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will contribute to the planning, development, and transition of technologies from concept to products and/or services for GE internal and external clients.
- Conduct power electronics research through modeling simulation, and design of power electronic circuits and controls.
- Develop and test power converters devices.
- Develop and test control solutions for power converters devices.
- Participate with multi-disciplinary teams in the development of new power technologies and capabilities for GE’s next generation product platforms.
- Innovate in the power electronics domain.
- Effectively communicate results by preparing written reports and making presentations that describe analyses and solutions.
- Connect the organization to the latest technology developments and trends in industry.
- Contribute to proposals for GE businesses as well as government agencies.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or a related field with experience developing power electronics and controls OR a Masters degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience developing power electronics and controls
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Because of the specific categories of data handled by GE Research and the structure of our work environment, we are unable to accommodate employment of persons while they are considered nationals of embargoed countries subject to restriction under the US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 CFR Section 746 et seq. (currently North Korea, Syria, Iran and Cuba). Please note that citizens of embargoed countries who have either U.S. person” status under U.S. export control laws or subsequent citizenship from a non-embargoed country can be considered.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
- Familiarity with DC grid concepts, including medium and high voltage DC
- Familiarity with energy storage
- Familiarity with microgrids and grid integration of renewables
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes