GE Corporate Corporate Global Research CategoryEngineering/Technology Mid-Career 01/26/2022 R3623288 Relocation Assistance:Yes 1 Research Circle, Niskayuna, NY 12309-1027, United States Of America
Job Description Summary
As a Research Engineer involved in the control of electronic power converters and electrical machines, you will work in a collaborative team environment. You will be contributing to the development of advanced machine system concepts as well as their implementation for application to power generation, aircraft engine systems, locomotive, and electric and hybrid vehicle applications. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will contribute to the planning, development, and transition of technologies from concept to products and/or services for GE internal and external clients.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with customers to identify key system requirements.
- Determine control system requirements by studying system and customer requirements.
- Use system simulation tools, such as MATLAB, Simulink, and PLECS, to validate and refine control algorithms for a wide array of electric machines to ensure the system will perform in a manner consistent with the requirements.
- Integrate the output of finite element analysis and other machine design software to determine and implement machine parameters within the system model.
- Work closely with the electrical machine design team to make sure the physical machine meets requirements.
- Develop and implement test procedures for electrical machine systems and document performance characteristics.
- Deliver effective presentations, reports, and publications to Global Research, GE Businesses, government agencies, professional societies, and peer-reviewed journals.
- Doctorate in Electrical Engineering or related field, or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with at least 3 years of experience, with primary focus in controls applied to electric machines.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical machines and their controls, including electromagnetic, thermal as well as mechanical technology aspects.
- Experience in developing and implementing modulation strategies for electronic power converters.
- Experience in a wide variety of machine topologies
- Expertise in simulation tools such as finite elements, MATLAB (Simulink) and others such as PLECS.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Because of the specific categories of data handled by GE Research and the structure of our work environment, we are unable to accommodate employment of persons while they are considered nationals of embargoed countries subject to restriction under the US Export Administration Regulations (EAR), 15 CFR Section 746 et seq. (currently North Korea, Syria, Iran and Cuba). Please note that citizens of embargoed countries who have either U.S. person” status under U.S. export control laws or subsequent citizenship from a non-embargoed country can be considered.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY
- Must be 18 years or older
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a global team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ties to the external technical community.
- Entrepreneurial inclination
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Please click here to access the job posting directly on the GE website / for applications