Job Description Summary
The Senior Electronic Hardware Design Engineer demonstrates extensive electronic design experience as well as leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for Aviation power business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to develop new electronic assemblies, solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and can affect short-term and some long-term business goals.
At GE Aviation in Dayton, OH the EPISCenter is the headquarters for all of Aviation Power Engineering. At this facility you have an opportunity to put your engineering training and skills to use. Our Engineers are focused and challenged on developing new technologies and delivering state of the art products such as Hybrid Electric aircraft, the latest military platforms, and SiC technology to name a few. Plus, if you like hands-on work, there is also a 155,000 sq ft lab that includes 6 high power test cells totaling 15 MW, an EMI chamber, an electronics lab, a rapid build prototype lab, and a real time simulator lab with all the latest equipment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Will execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of electrical sub-systems and power conversion systems using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Provide technical leadership to personnel / cross functional teams supporting
- Participate and lead design reviews while providing oversight and mentorship to other engineers
- Design, test, and troubleshoot analog and digital electronics circuits
- Analog circuits designs include analog filters, transistor and op-amp circuits, interface circuits, signal conditioning, AD and DA converters, Power supplies
- Digital circuits designs include micro controllers, FPGA, communication interface circuits, logic families and digital memory
- Switching and linear power supplies design at the component level
- Design and specify magnetic components (inductors and transformers) for analog circuits
- Create EMI compliant designs and follow EMC best practices as they apply to analog and digital designs
- Provide guidance for the layout of PCBs; define power planes, critical circuits, and circuit boards
- Working knowledge of Digital Signal Processing principals and embedded software
- Experience with system integration and proof of concept prototype design
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Lab hands-on experience
- Bachelor or Master’s Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 15 years of experience of relevant electrical design experience)
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in electrical hardware design
- This role requires use of technical data subject to U.S. Government contract restrictions and this posting is only for U.S. Citizens. GE will require proof of status.
- Power electronics experience
- FPGA VHDL design
- Experience with high reliability electronic systems design
- Magnetic components knowledge
- Lab hands-on experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance that begins on the first day of employment
- Permissive time off policy for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more!
This position may be eligible for the following flexible work arrangements (FWA):
- Hybrid work schedule (3 days in office; 2 days remote)
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.