Garrett is the true pioneer of automotive turbocharging dating back more than 60 years and continues today as the world’s leader in turbo technology solutions and an experienced supplier of electric boosting products and automotive software to support passenger cars, commercial vehicles and off-highway equipment. With a worldwide footprint of engineering centers, testing labs and manufacturing facilities, Garrett serves all major automotive companies to implement key differentiated technology offerings. Bring your passion to a fast paced and professional work atmosphere.
We seek to add to our Electrical Center of Excellence team in Torrance, CA a Senior Power Electronics Engineer!
The Senior Power Electronics Engineer will work on development of cutting-edge designs and technologies for electrified powertrain applications. The work will involve:
- Embedded hardware architecture and schematic development
- Hardware/software interface definition, implementation, verification, and documentation
- Hardware bring-up, system debugging and optimization
- Collaborate with power electronics, systems, embedded software, PCB layout, mechanical, and supply base teams
- Develop and document acceptance test procedures for control PCBs from initial prototypes to production design
- Stay abreast of latest technologies on automotive embedded systems and ECUs
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Expertise in Analog, digital and mixed-signal circuit design
- Good understanding of low-power DC-DC converter circuits
- Power electronics and/or motor controller development using high-performance 32-bit microcontrollers
- Extensive experience with real-time embedded applications that include timers, interrupts, PWMs, ADCs, etc.
- Significant professional experience working with microcontroller software development IDEs
- Serial communication development with CAN, SPI, I2C, UART, etc.
- LabView, CANape, CANalyzer for data acquisition
- Experience in developing embedded electronics including CPLDs, FPGAs, Verilog/VHDL
- Advanced degree
- Automotive industry background
- MATLAB/Python for data analysis and visualization
Pay Range for Senior Power Electronics Engineer:
*The pay range for this role is between $128,073 and $208,118