PRINCIPAL POWER ELECTRONICS ENGINEER
Garrett is the true pioneer of automotive turbocharging dating back more than 60 years and continues today as the world’s leader in turbo technology solutions and an experienced supplier of electric boosting products and automotive software to support passenger cars, commercial vehicles and off-highway equipment. With a worldwide footprint of engineering centers, testing labs and manufacturing facilities, Garrett serves all major automotive companies to implement key differentiated technology offerings. Bring your passion to a fast paced and professional work atmosphere.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
The Principal Power Electronics Engineer will work on development of cutting-edge technologies for electrified powertrain applications.
The work will involve:
- Conception and advanced development of power electronic products including topology, components, and PCB layout
- Design validation and performance characterization
- Bring-up, debug and characterization of prototypes
- Collaborate with mechanical design, manufacturing and supply chain teams to bring the product into mass production
- Develop and industrialize new technologies and solutions
- Work with systems, embedded software, and motor control teams to deliver best-in-class performance.
- Minimum MS degree with a focus in power electronics or motor control
- 10+ years of automotive industry experience developing three-phase inverters or other power electronics products, 7+ years with a PhD
- Experienced in full PCB development lifecycle from schematic to PCB layout, documentation, communication with suppliers, and prototyping
- Hands-on experience with designing, debugging, and testing of motor controllers
- Python/MATLAB scripting for data analysis and visualization
- Deep understanding of magnetics, switching circuit topologies, gate drivers,
- Expertise in modeling, simulation, and control of power electronics converters
- Excellent knowledge of AC motor control and modulation techniques for three-phase inverters
- Analog, digital and mixed-signal circuit design experience
- Experience in power electronics design for application up to 1KV and 500A
- Knowledge of safety and EMI requirements related to power electronics products
- Digital power electronics control development with high-performance 32-bit microcontrollers
- PhD preferred
- Experience developing power electronics products with SiC and GaN devices
- Interest and experience in leadership and mentorship of less experienced EEs
- Product development experience with CAN, SPI, I2C, UART, etc.
- Proficiency in embedded C
- LabView, CANape, CANalyzer for testing, calibration, and data acquisition
This is an exciting time to join Garrett Motion! Garrett is one of the automotive industry’s most iconic brands, supplying cutting-edge technology solutions to nearly every major automaker and truck manufacturer in the world. Recognized for more than 65 years for its ground-breaking turbochargers, Garrett is today leading the breakthrough of new electric boosting applications and software solutions that will continue to make vehicles safer, more connected, efficient and environmentally friendly.
About the Team
Part of the Garrett Engineering organization, the Electrification Centre of Excellence team is responsible for developing a differentiated product portfolio of e-boosting solutions that enables our customers to set new benchmarks in vehicle efficiency. From Garrett’s Two-Stage Hydrogen Fuel Cell Compressor launched back in 2016 to the Electric Turbo expected on the road as early as 2021, our Electrification Centre of Excellence teams have been setting the stage for new exciting products. Integrating state-of-the art ultra-high-speed electric motor/generators, power electronics, control electronics, and advance control software, our Engineers are leading innovations for a safer, cleaner and more efficient world on the move.
Garrett Motion requires employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation.
Garrett is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.