Power Electronics Engineer
Garrett Advancing Motion is the true pioneer of automotive turbocharging dating back more than 60 years, and continues today as the world’s leader in turbo technology solutions for passenger cars, commercial vehicles and off-highway equipment. Garrett supplies turbos to nearly all major automakers in addition to the global aftermarket under the Garrett brand name. As a result, unlike many other OEM or supplier organizations, Garrett Advancing Motion has visibility across a broad range of OEM’s and Tier 1 suppliers.
We have an exciting new opening for a Power Electronics Engineer. The Power Electronics Engineer will work on development of cutting-edge technologies for electrified powertrain applications.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
The power electronics engineer will work on development of cutting-edge technologies for electrified powertrain applications.
The work will involve:
- Conception and advanced development of power electronic products
- Design validation and performance characterization
- Bring-up, debug and characterization of prototypes
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Hands-on experience with designing, debugging, and testing of motor controllers
- Good understanding of magnetics, switching circuit topologies, gate drivers, modeling, and simulation in power electronics
- Analog, digital and mixed-signal hardware design
- Automotive industry background
- Advanced education focused in power electronics
- Experience in power electronics design for application up to 1KV and 500A
- Knowledge of AC motor control and modulation techniques for three-phase inverters
- Python/MATLAB scripting for data analysis and visualization
- Experience developing power electronics products with SiC and GaN devices
- LabView, CANape, CANalyzer for data acquisition
Garrett Motion requires employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation.
Garrett is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.