Locations: 2525 W 190th St., Torrance, CA, 90504, US
Garrett Advancing Motion is the true pioneer of automotive powertrain technologies dating back more than 60 years, and continues today as the world’s leader in technology solutions for passenger cars, commercial vehicles and off-highway equipment. Garrett supplies technology to nearly all major automakers in addition to the global aftermarket under the Garrett brand name. As a result, unlike many other OEM or supplier organizations, Garrett Advancing Motion has visibility across a broad range of OEM’s and Tier 1 suppliers.
As the Motor Design Intern your responsibilities include:
- Working on electric machine technology for electric boosting products for Garrett
- Supporting our eMachine design engineers by performing project(s) relevant to the design and testing of our high speed (> 150 krpm) eTurbos and other electric boosting products
- Opportunity to work on projects with an impact on real work designs for mass production
- Interacting with subject matter expects in systems, power electronics, eMachine control, and mechanical engineering
- Opportunity to choose from a range of projects and drive from start to finish, taking ownership, and finding solutions to meet overall goals
- Student in last year (of Masters) of Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics
- Have taken courses in the design of electrical machines
- Experience of finite element software for electric machine design
- Basic Knowledge of power electronics and inverter operation
- Experience with programming languages e.g. Python, VBA
- Self-motivated, flexible, independent
- Good communication skills in both written and spoken English (At least technical English level)
- Duration: 5-6months
We are offering:
- An ability to integrate a high technology, collaborative & passionate team
- Discover high paced Automotive product development on an innovative technology
- Career opportunities
- Dynamic and international work environment
Garrett Motion requires employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation.
Garrett is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.