Locations: 2525 W 190th St., Torrance, CA, 90504, US
Garrett Advancing Motion is the true pioneer of automotive turbocharging dating back more than 60 years, and continues today as the world’s leader in turbo technology solutions for passenger cars, commercial vehicles and off-highway equipment. Garrett supplies turbos to nearly all major automakers in addition to the global aftermarket under the Garrett brand name. As a result, unlike many other OEM or supplier organizations, Garrett Advancing Motion has visibility across a broad range of OEM’s and Tier 1 suppliers
As a Motor Control Engineer Intern in COE – Electrification, you will have ownership of control algorithm and calibration of high-speed AC machine drive. A strong knowledge of Vector Control & AC machine drive is essential for this job. And you are also required to have a good knowledge of power electronics, its hardware and system for proper design of control algorithm and HWIO (a.k.a HAL).
Understanding of control theory both in continuous- and discrete-time domain will help you to perform your daily activities. Also, knowledge and experience to implement simulation model of whole AC machine drive system in time-domain will be highly evaluated. Coding skill in C also will help you because you will work closely with embedded software engineers.
Impact Statements & Responsibilities
- Motor control algorithm design, calibration & validation support
- Documentation creation & management: requirements, design choices justification.
- Support to develop and maintain the simulation platform related to the motor control software modules.
- Closely working with embedded software engineer for algorithm implementation & testing
- Supporting & trouble-shooting various test benches for system validation.
You must have:
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering & PhD in electric motor controls preferred
- 2+ years+ experience in motor control algorithm development including Sensorless, Space Vector Modulation, Field Oriented controls.
- Simulation tool proficiency (Matlab, LABVIEW…)
- Experimental test proficiency (Canape, INCA, Canalyser…)
- Good communication and global/multi-cultural team spirit
- Fluent English.
We are offering
- Integrating a high technology, collaborative & passionate team
- Discovering high paced Automotive product development together with exciting and innovative technologies
- Close contact with major OEM and suppliers
- Career opportunities and dynamic and international work environment
Garrett Motion requires employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation.
Garrett is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.