Locations: 2525 W 190th St., Torrance, CA, 90504, US
Garrett Advancing Motion is the true pioneer of automotive turbocharging dating back more than 60 years, and continues today as the world’s leader in turbo technology solutions for passenger cars, commercial vehicles and off-highway equipment. Garrett supplies turbos to nearly all major automakers in addition to the global aftermarket under the Garrett brand name. As a result, unlike many other OEM or supplier organizations, Garrett Advancing Motion has visibility across a broad range of OEM’s and Tier 1 suppliers. We have an exciting new opening for a EV Lab Engineer Intern. You’ll be given the opportunity to develop next generation products and technologies for the automotive industry.
As the EV Lab Engineer Intern, your responsibilities will include working with the Lab team in the Torrance, CA office. Students can expect to gain hands-on work experience and to work on a variety of relevant projects.
Find Out More About This Opportunity
The EV Lab Engineer intern work will involve:
- Data Review
- Support Setup
- Testing and evaluation of components, products, and processes
- Test data analysis, post-processing, characterization, visualization, and documentation
- Test method development and/ or optimization
- Engineering support and collaboration with cross-functional teams on implementing changes to improve performance, reliability, and maintainabilit
- Participate in and support Garrett laboratory safety requirements
- Integrating a high technology, collaborative & passionate team
- Discovering high paced Automotive product development together with exciting and innovative technologies
- Close contact with major OEM and suppliers
- Career opportunities
- Dynamic and international work environment
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or Electric Engineering
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Hands-on lab testing experience
- LabView experience
- Instrumentation and data acquisition system experience
- AutoCad electric experience.
Garrett Motion requires employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation.
Garrett is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.