SolarEdge is the fastest growing smart energy company and the world’s #1 residential solar provider, with offices in 22 countries. Our latest flexible solution, SolarEdge Energy Hub has won multiple industry awards for its ability to get homeowners battery-ready, EV-ready, and future-ready. We address a broad range of energy market segments, including commercial solar, EV charging, UPS, and Grid Services solutions.
SolarEdge RnD division in California is working on developing new products related to UPS and e-mobility (EV) industries. Both segments involve full engineering design cycle, from concept to prototype to production. Our engineering division is constantly pushing the boundaries beyond industry standards to achieve products of highest reliability, efficiency and lowest cost.
SolarEdge is looking for a strong Power Electronics Engineer to work on new product development for UPS and e-mobility industries. You will work on designing new converters/inverters, support existing designs and execute from prototype to production.
Location: Milpitas, CA.
Sponsorship and relocation package provided
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead and manage new projects in area of power electronics
• Design, analyze and document new/existing converters and inverters
• Design and analyze analog circuitry, digital signals, PWMs and communication buses
• Design power stages including estimation of losses and efficiency
• Design and analyze high frequency magnetics
• Maintain documentation of all designs
• Collaborate with engineers to perform cross-functional tasks as control, testing, layout, etc.
• Perform hands on testing of new/existing converters and inverters
• Troubleshoot new/existing converters and inverters
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• BS or MS in EE/CE/CS, or the equivalent with focus in Power Electronics
• 5-10+ years of professional experience
• Familiar with design and analysis of power conversion topologies
• Familiar with power semiconductors: MOSFETs, IGBTs, etc.
• Experience with oscilloscopes, function generators and other test equipment
• Familiar with MATLAB/Simulink, PSPICE
• Previous experience in managing power electronics projects
• Experience in solar industry power conversion
• Experience in similar industries: motor drives, power supplies, etc.
• Experience with EMI design and troubleshooting
• Experience in NPI processes
• Experience with Ansys/Maxwell simulation tool