Senior Power Electronics Engineer
Electric Torque Machines (ETM) is a high energy team developing and commercializing high-performance electric motors and power electronics. We are seeking an ambitious Senior Power Electronics Engineer who is enthusiastic about applying their skills to make an impact in our target industries. Through inverter design and development, this engineer plays a critical role to help us deliver transverse flux motor and drive systems.
ETM is the electric motor innovation division of Graco (www.graco.com). In addition to the Electric Motor Division, Graco manufactures and markets premium equipment to move, measure, control, dispense, and spray a wide variety of fluid and powder materials.
• Create new power electronics products including multi-phase motor inverters
• Create new power electronics products including multi-phase PMAC motor inverters for AC and DC based systems
• Create product specifications, perform circuit simulations, define system architecture, create schematic and board level design and documentation, develop firmware, prototype, and test
• Develop motor control embedded firmware
• Design to comply with standards including UL, EMC, CE, and various ISO standards
• Troubleshoot and solve technical problems in manufacturing, lab, and field environments
• Effectively manage projects with internal and external team interface
• Support cost reduction of existing products and work with manufacturing teams on process development
• BS degree in electrical engineering from an accredited institution or equivalent. MSEE or PhD preferred.
• Track record in new product development including 3 phase power electronics design, test and evaluation
• Experience with 4 quadrant motor control preferably SVPWM/FOC sensored and sensorless
• Competent using circuit simulation and design tools
• Team player who is energized by technical challenges in a fast-paced environment
• Collaborative leader who’s a self-starter with a hands-on approach
• Strong communication and organizational skills
Join ETM and Graco
Graco offers attractive compensation, benefits, and career development opportunities. Graco’s comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, stock purchase plan, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. This position is eligible for sponsorship for existing H1B visa holders. ETM, located in Flagstaff, Arizona, offers unique access to all things outdoors. With a 4-season climate, ski resort just outside of town, Grand Canyon 80 miles away and the world’s largest ponderosa forest, the year-round outdoor fun is only limited by your imagination. Mountain biking, skiing, snowboarding, hiking, backpacking, climbing, canyoneering, hunting, fishing, canoeing, whitewater, or just enjoying our chill downtown vibe are all here. If you are interested in a high-tech career in the mountains, check out ETM Flagstaff!
Contact Information: If you are interested in this position or would like to learn more about it, contact Pia Strampp or Kyle Hanson at email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out directly to Scott Reynolds at ETM!
For the original post / applications see Graco’s careers website: https://graco.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Graco_Careers/job/Flagstaff-AZ-USA/Power-Controls-Electrical-Engineer_R0010307