Eaton’s eMobility Division is currently seeking a Lead Systems Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Southfield, MI or Tualatin, OR facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
We make the electric revolution work. Every day, we work to improve people’s lives and the environment by making power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable.
Preparing for the electrified future of mobility takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Eaton’s eMobility segment is collaborating with companies around the globe to innovate the transportation technologies of the future, creating efficient vehicles that travel faster, farther, higher and safer at a lower overall cost to the consumer and the environment.
The Lead Systems engineer is responsible for leading the most challenging technical project, perform challenging assignments with minimal guidance, and understand the business impact of your decisions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Be the global project lead for eMobility Power Distribution and Protection products, responsible for developing customer solutions, scoping programs, and defining engineering resources necessary
- Provide knowledge in hybrid and electric vehicle systems, and work with customers to provide innovative and valuable system, subsystem, and component level solutions to their vehicle challenges
- Develop, negotiate, and manage specifications and product requirements based on OEM and Eaton design team input
- Possess proficiency with vehicle-performance tests, you have skills/knowledge in application & integration engineering, and you are capable of analyzing data to assess the best customer-oriented solution and compliance to requirements
- Lead engineering DFMEA, DVP&R, and PVP&R development and test activities at the component, subsystem, system, and vehicle levels
- Problem solve issues at OEM Engineering locations / plants, end users, and suppliers for production and new product developments in a timely way; using root-cause analysis and proposing interim and permanent solutions.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with comparable levels of OEM engineering staff and other associated areas within the OEM.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.