Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make you community a better place and work with most innovative thinkers to solve world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Senior Power Electronics Engineer to join our team specializing in Engineering for our Business Segment in Minneapolis, MN
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Investigate electronic hardware problems, understands causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate action, owns problem resolution and documents results with guidance from more experienced team members
- Apply and supports the improvement of electronic hardware development processes and tools. Processes include, basic problem solving techniques (5 phase, 7 step, 8D or similar), familiarity with embedded electronic hardware (h/w) development process, requirements analysis. Tools include worst case analysis, circuit simulation (Saber, Cadence PSpice, or equivalent), DFMEA/PFMEA, Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), schematic capture, Specification Compliance Matrix (or equivalent).
- Obtain input and negotiates with electronic suppliers and delivers prototype hardware to application engineering teams
- Make decisions in the areas of hardware requirements, validation test that impact unit cost, functionality, and prototype delivery.
- Own problem resolution for moderately complex components, products, systems, subsystems or services with a greater degree of technical complexity and ambiguity over the entry level engineer level and with greater accountability to the project team.
- Provide independent execution of established work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge; engages with the improvement of systems and processes.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Prior entry level engineering equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required. Knowledge of MS Office tools is preferred
- Full-time testing & validation of power electronics ; Post-processing data test results ; Documentation ; Training technicians; Experience in high-power testing & troubleshooting ; Strong knowledge in power electronics devices, circuits, systems, and controls , MATLAB/Simulink, SPICE, & PSIM ;
- Knowledge of NI cRIO and Speedgoat hardware-in-the-loop systems; Closed-loop & microgrid controls ; Knowledge of microprocessors in real-time embedded solutions & network protocols ; Skills to use eval boards, tools, and debuggers ;
- Knowledge of standards such as IEEE 519, IEEE1547, UL1741, SAE J1772 ; Expertise in EMI mitigation is a plus . Commission/maintain laboratory equipments.
- Masters or PhD with minimum 1-3 years of experience with degree in electrical engineering. Help identify, select, procure, install, commission, and maintain existing, new, and advanced laboratory test equipments for power electronics and controls development applied to electrification technologies.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Primary Location United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis-US, MN, Fridley, Cummins Power Generation
Job Type Experienced – Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt – Experienced
Job Posting Sep 24, 2021, 2:21:22 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 210006CM