Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make you community a better place and work with most innovative thinkers to solve world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Power Electronics Validation Engineer – Technical Specialist to join our team specializing in Cummins Research and Technology for our Corporate business segment in Fridley, MN.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- This applied technology position creates electronic hardware that is integral to Cummins’ products. People in these positions will typically develop and validate electronic sensors, actuators, control units or harnesses to ensure the consistent operation of Cummins’ products in a variety of customer applications.
- Obtains input and negotiates with electronic suppliers and software development teams and delivers prototype hardware to application engineering teams.
- Makes decisions in the areas of hardware requirements, design, validation and test that impact unit cost, functionality, and prototype delivery. Responsible for review of less-experienced developers/testers’ work to ensure robust, reusable, and efficient design
- Provides independent leadership of smaller business impact projects or ownership of complex components, products, systems or services with greater elements of ambiguity over the senior or lead engineer level and with full accountability to the project team.
- Delivers independent execution of established and emerging work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge.
- Leads the development and improvement of work processes and systems across a functional discipline area within a business unit site.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
University, or equivalent bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required. Post-graduate (Master’s) degree relevant to this discipline area may be required for select roles.
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
Prior Senior or Lead Engineer equivalent work experience (4 plus years) in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving and quality decision making. Knowledge of MS Office tools is preferred
- Full-time testing & validation of power electronics ; Post-processing data test results ; Documentation ; Training technicians.
- Experience in high-power testing & troubleshooting ; Strong knowledge in power electronics devices, circuits, systems, and controls , MATLAB/Simulink, SPICE, & PSIM .
- Knowledge of NI cRIO and Speedgoat hardware-in-the-loop systems; Closed-loop & microgrid controls .
- Knowledge of microprocessors in real-time embedded solutions & network protocols ; Skills to use eval boards, tools, and debuggers .
- Knowledge of standards such as IEEE 519, IEEE 1547, UL1741, SAE J1772 ; Expertise in EMI mitigation is a plus . Commission/maintain laboratory equipment.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team:
Primary Location United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis-US, MN, Fridley, Cummins Power Generation
Job Type Experienced – Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt – Experienced
Job Posting Jul 13, 2021, 12:46:36 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 210003IBRead the full article at: https://cummins.jobs/fridley-mn/power-electronics-validation-engineer-technical-specialist/10F5559882A3472EAB015FFCE064CC86/job/