Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make you community a better place and work with most innovative thinkers to solve world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Power Electronics Embedded Software Architect – Technical Advisor to join our team specializing in Cummins Research and Technology for our Corporate business segment in Fridley, MN.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
- This applied technology, developing leadership position creates software that is sold as an integral part of Cummins’ products. People in these positions will have involvement in specification, design, implementation, testing and/or release of software that controls the operation of Cummins’ products in a variety of customer applications.Investigates highly difficult or specialized embedded software problems, understands causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate action, owns problem resolution and documents results.
- Creates, manages, improves and applies embedded software development processes and tools. Processes include model-based development, coding, compiling and test. Tools include Simulink, code editors, integration tools, static analysis tools, compilers and hardware in the loop test tools.
- Obtains input and negotiates with product and software development teams and delivers verified software features, components, builds to product teams.Uses systems knowledge and expertise to make decisions in the areas of software requirements, architecture, design, and test that impact the quality and performance of software builds, product lines (platforms) and management of cross-BU integration and coordination.
- Coordinates and directs work of technical project teams, up to and including direct management of small to mid-sized teams.
- Operates as the recognized multi-competency specialist or expert in a discipline or product area across a site or global business unit with responsibility for developing local talent (direct or indirect).
- Coaches and mentors’ other engineers, project managers and cross-functional team members. May also include academic or industry collaboration in a competency or discipline area.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
University, or equivalent bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required. Post-graduate (Master’s) degree relevant to this discipline area may be required for select roles. This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
Prior Technical Specialist/Specialist Engineering equivalent work experience (7 plus years) in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving, quality decision making and providing technical direction and leadership to a project team(s). Knowledge of MS Office tools is preferred
- Collaborate with system architects and engineers to enable model-based coding.
- Experience in C to develop drivers for peripherals including UARTs, SPI, CAN, A/D & D/A, PWM, Timers/Counters, and Ethernet; Develop, validate, and implement software for BSPs, drivers, application code, and OS tasks;
- Experience in advanced distributed/multi-processor software controls, metering/sensing, state machines, and communications over RS485, CAN, and ethernet; Basic knowledge of power electronics topologies, architectures, and control.
- Experience in developing controls software of power electronics for inverter & converter applications preferred.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team:
Primary Location United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis-US, MN, Fridley, Cummins Power Generation
Job Type Experienced – Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt – Experienced
Job Posting Aug 5, 2021, 10:43:19 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 210003IDRead the full article at: https://cummins.jobs/fridley-mn/power-electronics-embedded-software-architect-technical-advisor/399565E33F514A35BAE6A4C38848E380/job/