We are looking for a talented Distributed Generation Control Systems Engineer – Technical Advisor to join our team specializing in distributed generation services for our power generation research and technology business unit based in Fridley, Minnesota or remote within the US.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Collaborate with system architects to develop power electronics systems to be integrated with electrical energy storage systems, photovoltaic arrays and/or fuel cells (PEM and solid oxide).
- Design and implement feedback and feedforward control algorithms and related specifications to ensure robust system operation
- Collaborate with hardware/firmware/software engineers to develop models & enable model-based code development.
- Integrate, test, and troubleshoot power electronics in grid-connected and off-grid/micro-grid applications.
- Use system-level software tools such as MATLAB/Simulink to optimize power electronics.
- Develop and operate hardware-in-the-loop test benches for power electronics.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Advanced degree (Master/ PhD) in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum eight to ten years of experience in a similar role, currently developing inner loop controls of power electronics.
- Experience in controls for grid fault ride-through, grid anti-islanding vs. microgrid controls, gird-tied, grid-forming, islanding, blackstart, seamless transitions between modes and paralleling multiple inverters.
- Direct Hardware experience in design, calibration, tuning, testing, and validation of power electronics.
- Strong technical expertise with C, C , Matlab/Simulink, PSPICE, PSIM, LTSPICE, Saber, PLECS, EMC, HIL, model-based code development, validation, hardware testing and troubleshooting.
- Strong knowledge of power electronics circuits, systems, and controls.
- Strong knowledge of power semiconductor devices, high-frequency magnetics design, circuit theory, and EMC.
Primary Location United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis-US, MN, Fridley, Cummins Power Generation
Job Type Experienced – Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt – Experienced
Job Posting Sep 22, 2020, 8:03:57 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 200002DMRead the full article at: https://cummins.jobs/fridley-mn/distributed-generation-control-systems-engineer-technical-advisor/753F639D0F1C4F859165219DBCFED5DB/job/