Crane Aerospace & Electronics is seeking an Electrical Engineer II to bring creativity, fresh thinking and new ideas to our highly collaborative Sensing Components & Systems Team in Lynnwood, WA.
The Crane Aerospace and Electronics Sensing and Power Systems group is an ideal place to work for an electrical engineer who desires to work in a wide variety of technologies from high power electronics to microelectronics. The Sensing and Power Systems group provides highly engineered electronic systems and components for all aircraft OEM’s, all designed by an experienced and dedicated engineering group, and manufactured on site in Lynnwood Washington. For the Electrical Engineer II position, the ideal candidate will have a solid background in electrical engineering principles, eager to learn, energetic and outgoing, and motivated to play a key role in product development. The candidate will possess the skill to design, document, and test a variety of electronic designs of suitable complexity as listed below. The candidate will also be able to support senior engineers in product development, and in communications with customers, suppliers, and other organizations within Crane Aerospace and Electronics.
The Electrical Engineer II performs closely directed assignments to analyze, compute, and develop design and make improvements to assigned products or programs and interfaces with virtually every team involved in the Crane Aerospace & Electrical product/program lifecycle process.
This position is eligible for our Crane Flex Hybrid schedule which allows for the option of up to 2 days/week of work-from-home. Some conditions apply which will be discussed during the interview process. Full policy to be provided after hire.
• Produce thorough and a cc urate design and development work of suitable complexity that meets all customer specifications and company requirements for schedule, cost, producibility, quality, and reliability
• Analyze design requirements and objectives, define optimum design criteria and approach, and design system or component elements
• Initiate functional, acceptance, qualification, or development testing on new or modified designs
• Prepare documentation such as schematics, drawings, software documents, parts lists, test procedures, instructional materials and other related information relevant to the project
• Any other task assigned by supervisor or management
M inimum Qualification s:
• Experience: 2-4 years relevant work experience
• Knowledge: Understands fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of assigned product or program; Knowledge of commonly – used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field
Skills: Solid background in the majority of the following areas:
o Analog Circ uit Design
o Digital Circ uit Design
o Micro-Electronics Design
o VHDL Design and VHDL Test Bench Design
o ASIC Design
o Microprocessor Core Design
o Analysis & Modeling
o Systems Engineering
o Problem Solving
o Statistical Data Analysis
• Abilities: Primary job functions do not typic ally require exercising independent judgment
• Education /Certification : BA or BS degree in Electrical Engineering
Employment Eligibility Requirement:
- This position requires access to controlled data or information and therefore only US persons will be considered. As a US Department of Defense contractor, we are bound by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Preferred Qualification s:
• Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
Working Condi t ion s:
• Standard office environment; Work requires substantial visual concentration on detail
• May be exposed to unusual environmental conditions such as loud noises, cold temperatures, confined spaces, dust or fumes
• Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment