Crane Aerospace & Electronics is seeking an Electrical Engineer II – Power Electronics in Lynnwood, WA to join our Sensing & Power Systems Team and provide expertise in new product development in the next generation of cutting-edge Aircraft Technology.
This position targets experience with power electronics design. The ideal candidate will have some exposure to designs in power electronics with a focus on High Voltage DC and High Power DC-DC conversion applications and will have exposure to high voltage levels: 270 VDC, 540 VDC, up to 1kVDC. The Sensing and Power Systems group provides highly engineered electronic systems and components for all aircraft OEM’s, all designed by an experienced and dedicated engineering group, and manufactured on site in Lynnwood, Washington.
As Crane Aerospace and Electronics’ Electrical Engineer you will contribute at the highest level to technology development and new product development of Crane Aerospace & Electronics products . The Electrical Engineer will work with a team of engineers to drive results in performance and schedule, manage customer and supplier communications, perform complex analytical, computational, conceptual, and coordination work in the electrical engineering discipline and interface with virtually every team involved in the product/program life cycle process.
The Sensing and Power Systems group provides highly engineered electronic systems and components for all aircraft OEM’s, all designed by an experienced and dedicated engineering group, and manufactured on site in Lynnwood, Washington.
This position is eligible for our Crane Flex Hybrid schedule which allows for the option of up to 2 days/week of work-from-home. Some conditions apply which will be discussed during the interview process. Full policy to be provided after hire.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce thorough and accurate design and development work of considerable complexity that meets all customer specifications and company requirements for schedule, cost, producibility, quality, and reliability
- Lead project team for portions of or a complete project which involves directing the work of others within the project team, and driving the team to achieve results
- Responsible for technical interface with the customer for problems or issues relating to design activity within the area of design/development responsibility
- Analyze design requirements and objectives, define optimum design criteria and approach, design system or component elements
- Prepare schedules and cost estimates on the engineering efforts required
- Direct functional, acceptance, qualification, or development testing on new or modified designs
- Prepare or direct the preparation of documentation such as schematics, drawings, software documents, parts lists, test procedures, instructional materials and other related information relevant to the project
- Interface with other disciplines including Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Purchasing, and customers as required to exchange information, resolve problems, and otherwise to achieve assignment
- Three or more years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated experience with motor control and a track record of successful new products or technology applied to product
- Analog/Digital Circuit Design and High Voltage/Power Circuit Design
- Structured development process (DO-254 preferred)
- Experience with design and testing for aerospace qualification standards
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Demonstrated creativity and latitude
- Ability to collaborate within and across teams
Highly effective in the majority of the following areas:
- Motor Control Modeling and Simulation
- Control loop design
- Analog Circuit Design
- High Power Circuit Design
- Switching power supply topologies
- DO-254 Development Processes
- DO-160 Requirements
- Design for EMC and Lightning
- Systems Engineering
- Problem Solving
- Stat is tic al Data Analysis
- Multi-Technical Project Management
- Document Management
- This position requires access to controlled data or information and therefore only US persons will be considered. As a US Department of Defense contractor, we are bound by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Standard office environment
- Work requires substantial visual concentration on detail
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment
- Manufacturing operations may require the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses, gowning, masks, hearing protectors, heel/wrist straps and any other required PPE
- May be exposed to unusual environmental conditions such as loud noises, cold temperatures, confined spaces, dust or fumes