Date Posted: 2022-09-16-07:00
Location: Rockford – Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
The Systems Engineering organization within the Electric Power Systems division is currently seeking a highly motivated System Dynamics and Control Engineer with strong background in modeling and simulation. Our System Dynamics and Control Engineering Team is made up of experts in physics-based modeling and control system design. We support wide variety of projects throughout the program lifecycle.
This is a Hybrid position requiring an onsite presence at our Rockford, IL facility several times per week.
- Performing physics-based analysis for next generation aircraft electric power systems including electric and hybrid propulsion.
- Developing closed loop control algorithms to meet system power quality requirements.
- Collaborating with rotating machinery, power electronics, circuits and software engineers to develop optimized system designs.
- Researching, evaluating, and recommending investments or changes in technology, resources, procedures, equipment, systems, or other assets to improve the quality of the organization’s systems products and services.
- Providing analysis for the decomposition of customer specifications and system level requirements into sub-system and piece part requirements and makes recommendations for the generation of verification criteria and plans for the requirements.
- Performing analysis at all levels of the total system product including concept, design, test, operation and maintenance.
- Performing technical planning, verification and validation, and risk analyses for total systems.
- Managing configuration process, performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Supporting architectural exploration.
- Bachelor’s degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and a minimum of 10 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 7 years of experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in modeling, simulation and analysis of power electronics and/or electric machines
- Advanced degree (MS or PhD in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering) in System Dynamics and Controls or related field
- Degree focused in the area of control of electric machines, power electronics, power systems or similar discipline
- Physics based modeling experience
- Dynamic simulation experience
- Controls analysis experience: performance, stability, signal processing
- Experience using classical and modern control theory
- Experience with electromagnetic, electromechanical, embedded, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- MATLAB/Simulink experience
- SABER experience
- Aerospace experience
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other — propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.