Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
At Caterpillar, we’re working to help our customers build a better world. We wouldn’t be the Caterpillar we are today without the exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people who get the job done. This is your chance to help us make progress possible around the world – for our customers, for growing communities and for every member of our team. We are looking for a dynamic, organized and self-starter engineer to join our Power Systems & Controls Development (PS&CD) team in Mossville, IL.
The Large Power Systems Division is looking for an engineer to support the validation of Caterpillar Advanced Power conversion systems. In this role, you will serve as an experienced individual contributor on complex and exciting advanced power products including off board DC chargers, on board machine chargers, standalone site charging systems, automated and manual connection systems, bi-directional inverters, and related controls/operational interfaces. This role will collaborate with product design team, reliability team and validation team in Caterpillar Tech Center.
Primary responsibilities will include developing validation plan for the above products and provide guidance to lab operators. The candidate will be expected to ensure tests are run on schedule and to provide regular updates to management and technical leadership on the progress of the projects. Documentation of work accomplished along with stakeholder updates will be required on completion of projects. This role will require developing strong peer relationships and collaborate with global teams.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop testing procedures for advanced power conversion products
- Perform complex analysis work, identify, and solve challenging problems
- Create and deliver technical reports
- Communicate technical information to customers and internal technical leadership and management
- Mentor and train new engineers on processes/procedures for power conversion products engine development
- Collaborate with a global team across multiple functional areas
- Perform work in accordance with ISO 17025 processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited curriculum
- 3 -5 years of requirements management, product or facility development or relevant industry experience in electrification area
- Experience with electrical product testing and/or facility engineering
- Self-starter with aptitude for developing clear & complete technical requirements
- Strong communication skills – Oral and written complemented by the ability to develop/deliver technical presentation
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering
- Proficiency with power converter validation and using common validation lab equipment such as oscilloscope, power meter and data acquisition system
- Relevant industry or academic experience with focus on power electronics
- The ability to work/lead multiple projects simultaneously and to make sound priority decisions
- This position will close on 10/10/21 @ 11:59pm.
- The location for this position is Mossville, IL.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- This position may require up to 20% travel.