Assist advanced engineering team in the development and analysis of powertrain electrification components and systems. Run simulations of dynamic systems and evaluate the results. Develop or update existing analytical tools. Assist in the documentation of designs, procedures, and other work products. Work and communicate in a team setting Create documentation using good writing skills.
- Automobile Powertrain Systems – Demonstrates basic understanding of automobile powertrains and electrification.
- Documentation Skills – Demonstrates ability to write fluently to describe powertrain components, systems and test results.
- Communication Skills – Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate with peers, supervisors and customers.
- Teamwork – Considers and seeks out the impact of his/her actions within the team. Actively seeks collaboration with internal and external team members.
- ME,EE or CS
- Relevant Coursework completed or planned to complete
- powertrain systems (engines, transmissions)
- electromechanical power conversion
- power electronics, electric motors or batteries
- vehicle dynamics
- Must have and maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Knowledge of Matlab and Simulink is beneficial.
- Lab experience with microprocessors, sensors, DC/AC motors, instrumentation is beneficial