South Burlington, VT
The Power Electronics Engineer will work as part of the Charging Team developing BETA’s electric aircraft charging systems. As a Power Electronics Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, architecture, development, and certification of power converters including AC/DC and DC/DC. In this role, you will work as part of a product development team designing BETA’s DC Fast Charger. Part of your time will be participating in industry working groups on charging standards, safety, and certification requirements to gather information and represent BETA’s position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluating converter topologies and recommended a preferred topology based upon the design requirements.
- Work as part of a team designing and developing power conversions systems (250 to 1,000 kW) for electric aviation charging systems.
- Drafting schematics for converter design.
- Selecting components (fuses, semiconductors, etc…) for converter design.
- Collaborate with BETA’s industrial design team and aircraft team on power electronics needs for aircraft charging.
- Develop power electronics as part of a product design team for electric aviation charging.
- Design tests and write test protocols to evaluate and validate hardware.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- B.S. (M.S. desired) in Engineering, Physics, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in design, development, and certification of power converters
- Previous design experience in power converters from 250 – 1,000 kW and 1,000 to 1,500 VDC
- Experience evaluating and comparing various converter topologies to recommend product architecture depending upon design requirement
- Experience in designing magnetics for power converter applications
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Experience with Electric Vehicles.
- Experience working with HIL is a plus.
- Experience working with certification organizations is a plus.
- Graduate Degree in Engineering, Physics, or related field.
- Pilot’s license