South Burlington, VT
The Power Electronics Control Engineer will work as part of the Charging Team developing BETA’s electric aircraft charging systems. As a Power Electronics Control Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and development of controls for power converters including AC/DC and DC/DC. In this role, you will work as part of a product development team designing BETA’s DC Fast Charger. Part of your time will be participating in industry working groups on charging standards, safety, and certification requirements to gather information and represent BETA’s position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop controllers for power conversion systems used in electric aviation charging.
- Write embedded code for the control of power conversion systems.
- Develop control strategies and state machines for power converters.
- Collaborate with BETA’s industrial design team and aircraft team on power electronics needs for aircraft charging.
- Develop power electronics as part of a product design team for electric aviation charging.
- Participate in industry working groups on electric aircraft charging standards.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- B.S. (M.S. desired) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in controls for power systems or software engineering required for power conversion systems from 250 – 1,000 kW and 1,000 to 1,500 VDC.
- Proficient in C and Python programming
- Experience with NI Linux real-time operating system
- Experience using simulation tools, such as Matlab/Simulink, for design analysis
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Advanced Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience, focusing on the control of power conversion systems.
- Experience working within GIT Version control.
- Familiarity with Stateflow, and Simscape.
- Experience with SPICE based modeling software for power electronics (PSIM, LTSpice, etc).
- Familiarity with embedded software development in C.
- Pilot’s license.