Date: Sep 9, 2022
Location: Evanston, IL, US, 60201
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Summary / Role Purpose
Join the Ansys Customer Excellence team to partner with our customers to engineer what’s ahead, solve their real-world engineering problems, deploy Ansys software in their design workflows, and grow Ansys’ business. As an hands-on expert in Ansys products, you will use advanced-level engineering knowledge to provide technical professional services and help translate customer requirements into exciting new product features. You will be working within multi-disciplinary teams to create pervasive simulation solutions, advance your industry knowledge, and grow the business impact.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in mentoring and guidance to the electromagnetic modeling and simulation community
- Credibly and professionally on a strategy that delivers value to the customer that can be seen by reducing product cost, improving quality, and reducing time to market by adopting simulation throughout the design process
- Interact with customers to understand their product design needs and engineering design workflows; analyze how to address customers’ requirements using Ansys products and platform, articulate Ansys’ value proposition
- Understand customer’s business needs and expand application of ANSYS tools to new areas
- Increase the productivity of engineers by providing process development support, creating, and disseminating best practices
- Facilitate engagement with ANSYS development organization by sharing customer’s needs for feature enhancements and defect fixes
- Facilitate engagement with the broader ANSYS technical organization for advanced support and execution of service projects
- Help deploy ANSYS managed workflows (Custom GUIs, scripted I/O, etc.)
- Work as an integral member of the Sales and ACE teams to increase adoption of ANSYS tools
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Required education and degree type: BS or MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Required minimum years of professional experience in an engineering software environment: BS+5, MS+3, or PhD+0
- Demonstrated use of relevant Ansys software or knowledge of other commercial CAE, CAD, EDA, PLM software packages
- Thorough understanding of low frequency electromagnetic devices and/or electrical system design and simulation, with a specialty in one or more of the following applications:
- Power Electronics
- Automotive electrical/electromechanical systems
- Electric Machines/Motors and Drives
- Magnetic Sensors/Transformers
- Wireless Power Transfer Devices
- Fuel Injectors
- Logical problem-solving, strong interpersonal and communication skills, fluent in writing and speaking English
- Strong organizational and time management skills, possesses a sense of urgency
- Projects a professional image and demonstrates business acumen, driven to succeed
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Preferred education and years of professional experience in an engineering software environment: BS+8, MS+6, PhD+3
- 2 years of experience in application engineering, customer support, or consulting services type customer facing roles using engineering software
- Ability to interact effectively with senior business managers and C-level executives
- Experience with electrical, electromechanical, and/or electromagnetic simulation tools; ANSYS Maxwell, Q3D, or twin builder or simplorer experience preferred
- Experience in scripting languages is a plus
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com